Saturday, April 7, 2012

Malarky Launch

We had a lovely time at Anakana Schofield's launch of her novel Malarky at the People's Co-op Book Store on April Fool's Day and I was the fool. I brought my honey blondies, took photos of the food and the drink, played the uke and sang, but I was so charmed by the author I didn't take a photo of the star. MEA CULPA!!!!!!!!!

The spirit of hospitality was warm and homey, with friends and family members stepping in to make food and serve Irish tea, Guiness and whiskey. Anakana's son Cuan played some fiddle tunes to entertain us and Anakana did a fabulous job of reading excerpts from her novel which is receiving excellent reviews and creating a real buzz.

The launch was so successful that that the author sold out of books and she had folks lining up out the door to get their copies autographed.

Yes, we were served tea in proper bone china!

Congratulations AK on a great launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment