Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve in Vancouver


This morning I had an absolutely blissful head massage from Glynnis Osher, who also runs a business that makes ayurvedic candles, oils, and other fabulous things. The massage took care of the back and jaw pain I woke up with and made me feel wonderful, and much merrier than before. I bought a bottle of her scalp massage oil to appear magically in my stocking since Mr. Claus informed me he had "forgotten all about your stocking." Ha! Good thing I know how to stock my own stocking.

,

On the way home I snapped some photos of the neighborhood.


Sparkly dresses for sale with peacock feather patterns.


 These are poke berries. They are a dye plant and I noticed that when it snowed, their juice dyed the snow bright magenta. I love their intense color.



This is my favorite ornament made by Ules.


 Hens a chicks--a lovely gift from Thomas, who is studying horticulture.


 Ules' Picasso-inspired art which I hung the wrong way around, thinking it was Peruvian-inspired.


Another favorite art piece from days gone by.


And some grumpy cat humour to keep it all in perspective.

Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment