Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Omelette Fines Hops

I had to fix a quick lunch between teaching gigs and I had some nettles in the fridge from the winter market. I also had spied some hops sprouts peaking up like asparagus under the hydrangea. So I made a spring omelette. I steamed the nettles, handling them with yellow kitchen gloves and I quickly sauteed the hops tips with a bit of garlic. I only used the tips because there's some bejeezley big prickles on the lower part of the stems. What to drink? Rhubarb juice with sparkling water.

Please note that due to the Vasakhi Parade, this seed ball workshop has been moved to Saturday May 7:

Herbal Seed Balls for Pollinators

10:00am-12:00pm

Lori Weidenhammer
Seed balls originate from an ancient form of agriculture
performed by creating balls of seeds, clay, and compost
and sowing them on the surface of the soil. The seeds
remain dormant until environmental conditions allow them
to germinate and flourish, creating nectar and pollen-rich
habitat for pollinators. In this workshop we will be creating
seed balls for spring planting. This workshop is suitable
for families. (Children under 5 must be accompanied by a
caregiver.) FREE! In the LOBBY at Sunset Community
Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment