Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blueberry Lavender Panna Cotta


My son has been watching and re-watching episodes of Good Eats with Alton Brown. When I saw the celebrity chef make panna cotta I thought, "Hey, I can do that!" You can do it too and once you've tried it there will be no looking back. The possibilities of infusing the milk and cream with spices and/or herbs is so exciting.


These days I have a bowl of fresh blueberries on the table every day and I have flowers drying on screens all over the house. I love the combination of blueberries and lavender, so I made a vanilla panna cotta and garnished it with blueberries, fresh lavender and cornflower petals.


This week Robyn from Mobius Coffee and Tea made an exceptional lavender cheesecake. Her secret? Blueberries. What flavor of panna cotta are you making this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment