Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wednesday Work Party at the Moberly Community Herb Garden


The hummingbird intervention at Moberly Community Herb Garden Continues! Yesterday Thomas and Ali helped me tidy up the garden and prepare the soil for runner beans and nasturtiums. We moved some things around and took out a few plants that were just not doing well at all, or seemed out of place. I was very grateful for their help with the jobs that required knowledge AND muscle.


 An exhuberant class from Moberly elementary planted the seeds and searched for weeds in the lawn so we could have a discussion about medicinal plants. They were very excited about the worms and bees in the gardens and they really loved the lemon balm.


After they went back to the classroom I worked some red flax seeds into the soil and gave the garden a good watering. I also gave myself a good watering when I tried to adjust the sprinkler. Note to self: turn the water off first. Doh! Also, bring a change of pants.

If you are interested in helping out at the herb garden, please drop me a line: madamebeespeaker(at)gmail(dot)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment