Monday, May 22, 2023

Shell Contemplation

 

Find an object in your home that gives you a feeling of comfort and really take a close look at it. Examine it from different angles in the light. We all need these touchstones in our environment to keep us calm and grounded. Is there a place in your home and/or workspace that you keep a collection of natural objects that help you connect to your place of strength and hope? When you are out in nature, do you take the time to really appreciate some of the finer details of the beautiful plants, rocks, shells, and patterns around you? Remember to slow down to a snail's pace and contemplate these things fully with your senses.

I particularly love the colour palette of this shell--the pinks, browns and powder blues. I like the way the flesh tones come out against the skin on my hand. I appreciate the textured whorls and ridges I can feel with my fingertips. I like the scale of it in my hand. Its beauty calms and centres me.










No comments:

Post a Comment