Thursday, October 4, 2012

All the Little Green Dresses

 I'm really glad I went out to the see Nicole Dextras' Little Green Dress Projekt at VanDusen Gardens. The gardens was warm and sunny and busy with visitors interacting with the environmental art.

 The details on the dresses are stunning, with the fall colors of the berries and drying stems and leaves.


I really loved all the detailing around the collars.




 Here you can see a detail of the thorns that held some materials together.


 This is my favorite color combination, the intense rust of the leaves against the silvery spruce.




 This is what remains of the dress Nicole made for me. It's very much disintegrated. Even the tag was eroding away, truly ephemeral.


Beautiful work! I've just read on Nicole's Blog that you have until the end of October to go see the work, which I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment