Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Beta 5 Chocolates!


 The innovative company Beta 5 Chocolates just celebrated their first birthday. I braved the rain and headed to their store/laboratoire to sample the goodness.


Their chocolates have been winning international awards.


 If you become a member of their "Union Club" you get a unique selection of new goodies on a monthly basis.


 The packaging design is beautifully done.


Pumpkin Pie Caramels. Wow.



Now the company is baking some fabulous treats. We tried their twice baked croissants with poppyseed almond filling topped with candied yuzu. They are so amazing.



Now this blew my socks off: desserts in a jar with a little bag of crunchy bits to pour on top at the last minute. I heart crunchy bits in my creamy desserts so I tried their version of the red velvet cake made with a beet cake, goat cheese cheescake, honey poached pear, cocoa nib streusal and beet meringues. It is one of the best desserts I've ever had.


Baked or laminated? Very droll.

No comments:

Post a Comment