Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Big Thank You to the Starling Cloud Choir!

I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the folks who participated in the Starling Cloud Choir and the audience who came and added their voices as well. I was so pleased with the way things went, and just kept repeating the mantra: GO WITH THE FLOW!

So that's what we did. We had goals, structures, but we also flowed in and out of the framework, making a piece shaped by the venue, the participants, the weather, and our bodies.

I also want to thank the staff at the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden, who were very good at working with our artist collective to shape the show and connect with the local community. I am already cooking up the next piece I want to do at the garden which involves more bird song and a tea party.

I took the day off today to recover, but my next residency starts next Sunday. Stay tuned for the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment