Thursday, March 14, 2013

What's Brown and Creeps?

This past week I had a lovely encounter at the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese garden with a birder who is a choral conductor. He said that he was excited because he and his wife had seen a skylark at the Victoria airport. Apparently, there is a population who likes to hang out there. He was also quite chuffed that he'd seen a brown creeper.

Well, on my way to choir last night it was pouring rain and getting dark. I was a block away from the rehearsal hall and a tiny bird on a tree caught my eye. It was brown, it was creeping, and it had a soft grey belly. My mouth filled with drops of rain as I peered out from under my hood to get a good look. Guess what it was? You got it, a Brown Creeper. Isn't it cool when people connect through their love of nature? Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment