Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It's Good to Bee Home


It's so good to be back with my home boys and my home bees. The backyard is an overgrown jungle full of berries and purple podded peas I grew from Saltspring Seeds. These are the photogenic peas on the cover of Dan Jason's new book: The Power of Pulses.


Now that I have a wee window of downtime, I had to go perform a meadowtation at Mountainview Cemetery. Right now it is a riot of buttery yellow large-flowered coreopsis (Coreopsis grandiflora).


a There are bumblebees, honeybees, and turquoise sweat bees swimming in the flowers and fish swimming in the meadow.


The fish are part of a project by artist Marina Szijarto.




 On the way back from the cemetery I noticed this lovely boulevard garden. Those drumstick alliums are beautiful even before they bloom.


And what about the colour in these echinacea flowers? Spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment