Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Victory Gardens for Bees in Winnipeg!


I'm so excited to be here in Winnipeg to do a book talk and signing Thursday night at 7 pm at McNally Robinson and a lecture about female artists who are inspired by bees at MAWA at noon on Friday, June 3. My friend took me to Assiniboine Park on Monday and patiently waited on a shady bench while I stalked the bees of Winnipeg.


The catnip in the English garden was a winner, attracting at least five species of bees.



I also checked out the sculpture park, where someone had done a sweet intervention and added flowers to the bronze works.



 But the bees were more interesting.


A.Y. Jackson agrees: "Plant more catnip for bees." I'm happy to recommend SAGE Garden Greenhouses for all your bee gardening needs. Neonic free! Yay!!!!!!!!




There are a lot of statues of clothed men and naked women in this garden. I call this "Tulips, four cheeks."

It's raining today, so I am holed up in my cozy aerie doing press interviews, but hopefully the weather will be perfect for more bee watching tomorrow before the launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment