Thursday, August 25, 2016

Beespeaker is on Instagram, and a Personal Loss


I have finally figured out how to post images on Instagram without owning a cell phone or ipad. And then moments after I posted my first images, I got news that one of my dearest friends had died suddenly.

It's like the experts say, I was absolutely in denial. Even this morning, the reality of what her death means to me has not fully penetrated the surface of my heart. That would be too much pain at once. Instead we let the truth in by fits and starts. Grieving takes its own time and you break down at odd moments. When you're eating peach crisp at a diner and you just wish you were sharing it with her. When you're grieving, you're eating for two.


Her voice is very much alive in my head: eating, shopping walking alongside me


John O'Donahue said we must create a raft of words to help the dead pass over. I will create a raft of images.



Donna, we love you so very much.

"You belong among the wildflowers."

--Tom Petty

2 comments:

  1. You carried my along on your raft of words and images. Very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Helen.
    Bee Well,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete