Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Word of the Day: Zeitgeber

According to the Word of the Day which I receive by email a zeitgeber is "an environmental cue, as the length of daylight, that helps to regulate the cycles of an organism's biological clock." So where are all my zeitgebers for Spring? Sunshine? Temperatures in the double digits? Hello?

Yesterday I did see one red flowering currant bush on the way to pick up my son from school that was busy was bumble bee queens and honey bees. The sun wasn't shining, but they were hungry and it was just warm enough for them to forage.

The crows are definitely doing their twig balancing Ninja moves and I have seen them courting in pairs, averting my eyes from their intimate rituals. Time to put out nest-building materials for our avian neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment