Monday, September 17, 2012

Madame Beespeaker at Aberthau


I was honored to be part of the 100th year celebration at Aberthau Mansion. Lucky for me, I was stationed right next to the cupcake decorating booth. My awesome assistant Maya made me a bee cupcake decorated with Oreo cookie crumbs and banana flavored saltwater taffy.


Lots of people came and made messages for the bees, in the tradition of Telling the Bees.






 There was a classic car display, live music, horse-drawn carriage rides, a tea party, BBQ and tours of the beautiful building. What a party!



 I also set up a table with a seed scavenger hunt with packages for people to take home seeds for their gardens. The weather was perfect and the conversations I had with kids and adults were really lovely.



There are more photos from the Vancouver Sun's website, including a dancing Beespeaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment