Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sounds We Love and Sounds We Hate


 When I was teaching students at Mount Pleasant Elementary, I noticed these posters one class had made when they were studying sound. What's that I see in blue ink in the lower left side: Justin Bieber? Quel surprise! Does he really sound as bad as cars screeching, babies crying and coffee grinding?


Hello, here we have the sounds the students like: purring cats and popping popcorn, but is that the band One Direction I see? Wait a minute. Weren't they mentioned on the first poster as well? Seems they are a band of contention.

Well, dear reader, this past weekend as I was practicing overtone singing I had an epiphany of sorts when I realized that singing the name "Justin Bieber" and the phrase "Bieber Fever" over and over again really brings out the overtones. So there you go. Inspiration can strike from the oddest sources! Just try it and see if it works for you!

Looking for Starling Cloud Choir posts? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment