Friday, November 23, 2012

Fresh Ginger Cake


 My host in Montreal is an amazing baker. One night her partner made a fabulous curry dinner and S made a cake with copious amounts of fresh ginger. I bought some local rosé sparkling cider to accompany the meal made by Michel Jodoin. Actually, our baker made two cakes, one for our dinner party and one for the café where she works called Santropol.


This summer S made cupcakes for a wedding, so she made these pretty cupcake stands out of found china and glasses.


 To  garnish the cake, she made her own candied ginger.


When I arrived back in Vancouver I put in a request for her recipe and in the meantime I made a ginger cake using David Lebowitz's recipe. Apparently it is his most requested recipe.


When she heard I was going straight from YVR to my FIL's birthday, S was delighted. "I can make him a cake!" She made a lovely chocolate cake with hazelnut pastry cream filling. It was awesome!


Missing S, M  and Kitty. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment