Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birds of Prey and Roosting Corvids

This week a couple of bloggers I follow had interesting posts on birds that I enjoyed. Birdchick documented a merlin taking down a red-bellied woodpecker and The Peace Bee Farmer wrote about the role that birds of prey play in the bee yard. You may have heard that the BC gov. is going to culling Barred owls because they prey on Northers spotted owls, which are endangered. It's a controversial decision, and I think it is shortsighted.

On a completely different note, I was reading about Crow Hour in Burnaby because there will be an homage to crow hour in The Starling Cloud Choir performance. I am curious what time of day Crow Hour is during late January.

ETA: Crow Hour was around the 3:30 pm mark at 23rd and Main today.

No comments:

Post a Comment